2015 South Central Yearly Meeting Sessions
2-5 April 2015 ~ Greene Family Camp, Bruceville TX
Quaker Response to Mass Incarceration
Our Ways Forward
Join Quakers from the south central region in worship, workshops*, discernment, singing, star gazing and more.
(Starting Tuesday, 31 March 2015, a $15 late fee will be assessed per registration.)
2015 SCYM Workshop Descriptions
Read about all the wonderful 2015 workshop offerings here. Sign up for Friday and Saturday workshops in the dining room when you arrive.
Documents for 2015 SCYM Sessions
- 2014 SCYM Representative Meeting Proceedings
- 2013-2014 SCYM Proceedings (including minutes and materials for 2013 Representative Meeting and 2014 Yearly Meeting Sessions)
- 2015 Procedures Manual (March)
- 2015 Monthly Meeting and Worship Group State of the Meeting Reports
2015 Directory of SCYM FriendsThe 2015 version can be viewed in two formats, Directory 2015 by alphabet and Directory 2015 by monthly meeting. A limited number of print copies will be available at 2015 SCYM Sessions. Please check with those in your meeting who may not have access to the web to arrange to provide them with a print copy. You can also view individual records using the SCYM Directory Lookup.
Faith & Practice Development CommitteeThe Faith & Practice Development Committee is hard at work facilitating the work of SCYM Friends creating our own Faith & Practice. You can view their reports and other materials on the Faith & Practice Page.
Please address comments and suggestions on the Working Document to the Faith & Practice Development Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 Representative Meeting
5-7 December 2014 ~ Greene Family Camp
Documents for 2014 Representative Meeting Sessions
2014 South Central Yearly Meeting Sessions
17-20 April 2014 ~ Greene Family Camp, Bruceville TX
Am I My Sisters' and Brothers' Keeper?
Quaker Response to Mass Incarceration
The adult program for 2014 SCYM sessions has been planned to help individuals and meetings share our experiences and explore such probing questions as:
- How well do I understand the incarceration policies that prevail in my community today?
- What is the depth of my concern for my incarcerated sisters and brothers?
- What am I doing with regard to my concern for those incarcerated?
- Am I engaged in the most meaningful actions? What more can I do?
Documents presented and accepted of approved at 2014 SCYM Sessions
- 2014 Nominating Committee Report
- 2014 Finance Committee Report
- 2014 Faith and Practice Development Committee Report
- 2014 Traveling Ministristries Report
- 2014 Yearly Meeting Registrar's Report
- 2014 SCYM State of Society Report
- 2014 Friends Peace Teams Report
- 2014 Youth Program Support Committee Report
- 2014 Peace and Justice Committee Report
- 2014 Procedures Manual Report
- 2014 Report from FWCC Consultation
- 2014 Texas Conference of Churches Report
- 2014 Publications Committee Report
- 2014 FCNL Representatives Report (from General Committee, 11/2013)
Documents in Advance for 2014 SCYM Sessions
- 2013 Representative Meeting Proceedings
- Procedures Manual Draft #6
- Patapsco Monthly Meeting cheers South Central Yearly Meeting's decision to focus on the theme, "Am I My Sisters' and Brothers' Keeper? : Quaker Response to Mass Incarceration" read the full minute
2014 Directory of SCYM FriendsThe 2014 version can be viewed in two formats, Directory 2014 by alphabet and Directory 2014 by monthly meeting. A limited number of print copies will be available at 2013 SCYM Sessions. Please check with those in your meeting who may not have access to the web to arrange to provide them with a print copy. You can also view individual records using the SCYM Directory Lookup.
You need a members account to access any SCYM document that has personal information or other materials that need some security. You can get a login or be reminded of your login here.
- Archiving SCYM Monthly Meeting Materials at Swarthmore
- Gathering Your Monthly Meeting�s History
- South Central Yearly Meeting of the Society of Friends Approves Minute on Mistreatment of Prisoners