2014 Representative Meeting
5-7 December 2014 ~ Greene Family Camp
Friends, we need to let the camp know how many will be coming by 19 November 2014. Please register NOW! if you plan to come.
2014 South Central Yearly Meeting Sessions
17-20 April 2014 ~ Greene Family Camp, Bruceville TX
Am I My Sisters’ and Brothers’ Keeper?
Quaker Response to Mass Incarceration
The adult program for 2014 SCYM sessions has been planned to help individuals and meetings share our experiences and explore such probing questions as:
- How well do I understand the incarceration policies that prevail in my community today?
- What is the depth of my concern for my incarcerated sisters and brothers?
- What am I doing with regard to my concern for those incarcerated?
- Am I engaged in the most meaningful actions? What more can I do?
Documents in Advance for 2014 SCYM Sessions
- 2013 Representative Meeting Proceedings
- Procedures Manual Draft #6
- Patapsco Monthly Meeting cheers South Central Yearly Meeting's decision to focus on the theme, "Am I My Sisters' and Brothers' Keeper? : Quaker Response to Mass Incarceration" read the full minute
Documents presented at 2014 SCYM Sessions
- 2014 Nominating Committee Report
- 2014 Finance Committee Report
- 2014 Faith and Practice Development Committee Report
- 2014 Traveling Ministristries Report
- 2014 Yearly Meeting Registrar's Report
- 2014 SCYM State of Society Report
- 2014 Friends Peace Teams Report
- 2014 Youth Program Support Committee Report
- 2014 Peace and Justice Committee Report
- 2014 Procedures Manual Report
- 2014 Report from FWCC Consultation
- 2014 Texas Conference of Churches Report
- 2014 Publications Committee Report
- 2014 FCNL Representatives Report (from General Committee, 11/2013)
2014 Directory of SCYM FriendsThe 2014 version can be viewed in two formats, Directory 2014 by alphabet and Directory 2014 by monthly meeting. A limited number of print copies will be available at 2013 SCYM Sessions. Please check with those in your meeting who may not have access to the web to arrange to provide them with a print copy. You can also view individual records using the SCYM Directory Lookup.
2013 Representative Meeting
22-24 November 2013 ~ Greene Family Camp
Reports presented and accepted at this meeting:
- 2013 Treasurer's Report to RM
- 2013 Cielo Grande Quarterly Meeting Report to RM
- 2013 Arkansas/Oklahoma Quarterly Meeting Report to RM
- 2013 Bayou Quarterly Meeting Report to RM
- 2013 Youth Program Support Committee Report to RM
- 2013 Publications/Communications Report to RM
- 2013 Proposal to Change SCYM's Fiscal Year Report to RM
- 2013 Finance Committee Report to RM
- Faith and Practice Working Document #2: Topics
- Faith and Practice Committee Minutes and Report to 2013 RM
- 2013 Nominating Committee Report to RM
- 2013 FGC Report to RM
Report on Intervisitation From Marianne LockardI am having a most wonderful time visiting our smaller meetings and isolated Friends... see more
Gathering of Southern FriendsA retreat center just north of Jackson, MS has been reserved for the weekend of November 15, 16 & 17. To see more and register go to Pam Arnold's article..
Epistle on Inclusion and Equality
2013 South Central Yearly Meeting Sessions28-31 March 2013 ~ Greene Family Camp ~ Bruceville Texas
Lead Kindly Light: Being Faithful
Greetings to Friends Everywhere,
One hundred fifty-six Friends from Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas met at Greene Family Camp in Bruceville, Texas to share in the workings of the Spirit. For the second year, we explored the Quaker testimonies. Last year we came to understand how the testimonies flow from a person’s relationship with the Divine. This year we examined the ways in which the testimonies are revealed through our lives, drawing on the experiences of SCYM Friends... (read the complete 2013 SCYM Epistle)
Gray Cox's Keynote: Sharing the Spiritual Commons in a Culture of Peace and a Political Economy of Democratic Stewardship
I would like to share reflections on two great challenges I think we face in trying to live out the Quaker testimonies and some practical responses. The first challenge is to transform the dominant culture of conflict into a culture of peace. The second is to transform our political economy from a plutocratic national security state seeking ever more GNP into a human development driven democracy practicing ever better stewardship of the commons... (read the complete Keynote)
You need a members account to access any SCYM document that has personal information or other materials that need some security. You can get a login or be reminded of your login here.
- Archiving SCYM Monthly Meeting Materials at Swarthmore
- Gathering Your Monthly Meeting’s History
- South Central Yearly Meeting of the Society of Friends Approves Minute on Mistreatment of Prisoners